This department was started in Sheela Hospital on 04.10.1999. The above department has a very good, well experienced cytogenitics technicians for analyzing various genetic disorders and has Tamil Nadu Government approval No: PNA/171/99.
The genetics department is well equipped with recent advanced instruments
- Laminar flow
- Precisa Balances
- Magnetic stirrer
- Galmen sciences ( Magnetic seizts filter – Germany )
- Olympus microscope
- Ultra centrifuge
- Vortex Mixer
The following cytogenetic investigations are carried out in the Genetics department of Sheela Hospital for screening genetic disorders.
- Cytogenetic investigations – chromosomal analysis for
- Dysmorphic features of a chromosomal syndrome
- Unexplained mental retardation
- Family study of structural chromosomal abnormality
- Multiple congenital abnormalities
- Unexplained still birth
- Recurrent miscarriages
- Patients suffering from chronic illness, Asthma, Diabetics, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Nervous Disorders etc.